Weyermann® Vienna Red is an un-hopped malt extract with approx. 75% extract, brown-reddish color and fine, sweet malt aroma.
Weyermann® Vienna Red is made from high-quality Weyermann® Vienna malt, Weyermann® Pilsner malt and Weyermann® Melanoidin malt.
For the production, a traditional mash preparation and wort boiling is carried out according to the beer type. The authentic beer wort produced in this way is clarified before evaporation by means of a high-performance centrifuge. After evaporation, an aseptic hot filling takes place in container sizes from 4 kg to 1200 kg.
The desired wort gravity can be selected by means of a dilution table with brewing water. Weyermann® malt extracts can be combined with all hop products. The duration of the wort boiling depends on the isomerization time of the hop products used and the desired bitterness.
Adjusted to the corresponding wort, the Weyermann® Vienna Red malt extract corresponds to a traditional Austrian Vienna Lager in taste and visual appearance. Through the individual selection of hops, yeast and fermentation, adapted to the beer type, various beer styles can be brewed, such as:
- Pale Lager; International Amber Lager, Czech Amber Lager, Festbier, Kellerbier, Dortmunder Export, India Pale Lager
- Amber Lager; Vienna Lager, Scandinavian Red, Franconian Rotbier, Maerzen
- Bock; Helles Bock, Dark Bock, Double Bock
- Wheat Beer; Dunkel Weizen, Weizenbock
- Pale Ale; Belgian Pale Ale
- IPA; American IPA, Red IPA
- Amber Ale; Biére de Garde, Altbier
- Strong Ale; American Barley Wine, Imperial Red Ale
- Sour Ale; Flanders Red Ale
Very well suited for Krausen dosage prior to secondary fermentation or for bottle fermentation.
Also, very well suited for original gravity correction at the end of wort boiling.
All Weyermann® malt extracts can be combined with each other, as well as with Weyermann® Sinamar®, for more individual recipe creations.
Colour in 13% wort:
40.0 – 60.0 EBC
15.5 – 23.1 Lovibond