Videos English – watch on YouTube
Videos Español – watch on YouTube
Made from the finest German quality brewing barley. With our unique manufacturing process for our CARAFA® SPECIAL series, a large portion of the husk of the grain is removed. Together with an adapted roasting program, this results in the finest roasting aroma while minimizing the roasted bitterness.
Sensory: finely roasted aromatic; coffee, cocoa and dark chocolate notes
Specialty malt for all dark beer styles, typically for
- Dark Lager; Czech Dark Lager, Schwarzbier
- Wheat beer; Dunkel Weizen, Weizenbock
- Bock; Dark Doppelbock, Eisbock
- Amber Ale; Extra Special Bitter
- IPA; Black IPA, Black Ale
- Porter; Baltic Porter
- Stout; Irish Stout, Irish Extra Stout, American Stout
- Strong Ale; Belgian Dark Strong Ale or Quadrupel
- Malt Beverage (nonalcoholic malt beer)
Recommended addition: up to 5%
Can also be used for color correction in light beers with an addition up to 0.5%.
For special recipes with intensive roasting aroma, e.g. Irish Stout, Russian Imperial Stout, higher amounts of up to 15%% is possible.
Enzyme activity: none
1100 – 1200 EBC
415.2 – 452.9 Lovibond
Weyermann® Malt Aroma Wheel® | Weyermann® CARAFA® SPECIAL: Wort
© Weyermann® Malt