Shipping types and sizes
We deliver our malt and malt blends in bulk, or bagged in 25 kg bags or BigBags on pallets: 400 kg (882 lbs.) – 1.200 kg (2.645 lbs.).
Features and Opening Instructions
To preserve the stability and freshness of a perfectly kilned, caramelized or roasted batch of Weyermann® Malt, we package all our products exclusively in our customized Weyermann®“aroma-sealed” bags.
These are tear-resistant, one-way, double-layer bags made from woven fabric with a sturdy, waterproof polyethylene inner lining. They are sown tightly shut and always shipped with the Weyermann® quality guarantee.
Key Features of Our Weyermann® Bags:
- Our bags contain 25 kilograms (55 lbs.) of malt for easy handling
- All bags are folded at the top and sealed with double-sewn tamper-proof seams
- Each bag is identified by a D2-type barcode representing a unique lot number.This allows for quick and comprehensive traceability as well as download of lab analysis data for each bag
- Clearly marked place of origin: Bamberg, Germany
- All Weyermann® bags carry a weight indication along the side
- Each bag is marked with the malt variety inside,which remains visible even after opening
- The malt variety inside, the use-before date, as well as the packaging date and time “to the very second” are clearly printed along the side of each bag.
To open a Weyermann® bag quickly and efficiently, do not cut into it!
Unlike back in the days with burlap bags, magic isn’t needed today to open a Weyermann® malt bag cleanly and easily. Let us show you the trick how the Weyermann® “ambassadors” can be opened very quickly without scissors “or even chainsaw”, but only with the small, practical Weyermann® bag opener and a single cut in the right place. Simply cut the red thread, pull … and the high-quality Weyermann® malt is ready to be used!
Proceed as follows:
- To open, turn the bag to the side with Weyermann® logo facing you. Then cut off the weft yarn on the left.
- Pull the white thread out of the red loop.
- Then pull gently on the white thread until the entire seam is unraveled and the bag is fully open.
Automated BigBag filling has been in operation at Weyermann® since 2003.
- It ensures a hygienic and flawless appearance of the bags
- All Weyermann® malt varieties can be delivered in BigBags, too.
- It allows for any type of malt blend to be formulated in BigBags to exact specifications
- Bags may contain any amount of malt, perfectly measured between 400 kg and 1.200 kg (between 882 lbs. and 2.645 lbs.; maximum capacity depends on type of malt) to suit your particular brew house batch size.
- Shipments may be via Euro pallet of 80 x 120 cm (31.50″ x 47.24″) or container pallet of 114 x 114 cm (45″ x 45″).
- A maximum of 32 Euro pallets or 22 container pallets fit into one truck.
- Easily handling via fork-lift
- Labor saving
- Space saving
- No need for a silo