A journey through time from the 16th century well into our modern times awaits you on a tour through our red and yellow world of Weyermann® Specialty Malts.
We invite you to have a look at the history and beginnings of Weyermann® and to experience how specialty malts are being produced today. A tour with us takes about 1.5 – 2 hours and you should be reasonably fit, as we will use staircases to climb to the 4th floor.
- Find out how the company developed from roasting grain under a tent canvas to becoming the world market leader in the field of specialty malts.
- Visit our laboratory and see firsthand how we obtain our selected high-quality raw materials and which demands we place on them.
- Discover our production site!
- What is malting and how does it work? We will look at one of our germination boxes and visit our roasting facility where you will find out more about our impressive roasting drums. Get a glimpse into our work methods and company philosophy.
- Watch how our malts are packed, palletized, and loaded to start making their way to more than 135 countries all around the world at our Logistics Center.
- Your tour will finish at our distillery where you will learn how the finest Weyermann® specialty malts are turned into exquisite spirits.
- At the end of our tour, we invite you to join us for a tasting of two selected beers from our Weyermann® Brewery at our Visitors Center.
While enjoying our beautiful “Weyermann® LIVING & DRINKING” shop, you have the chance to purchase Weyermann® beer and spirit specialties, as well as a wide variety of exquisite beverages from our customers from all around the world.
We also provide wonderful home goods and gifts for your loved ones who might have stayed at home!
Individual guided tours for groups of min. 8 and max. 20 people can be booked from Monday through Friday. The ticket price is 15€ per person and has to be paid in advance.
Tours without prior registration are offered to individuals every Wednesday at 2 pm. This tour costs 15€ and must be payed before departure.
Weyermann® LIVING & DRINKING shop in the Weyermann® Visitors Center at Brennerstrasse 15.